GO PRO | Instructor Development Course
Manta Lodge and Scuba Centre is the ultimate setting to take your professional diving career to the next level with the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC).
Why become a PADI Instructor?
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life – become a PADI Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water.
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they have completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals.
You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world’s most progressive and popular scuba diver education programs? Then Go PRO with an Instructor Development Course.
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts:
- Part 1 – The Assistant Instructor (AI) course
- Part 2 – The Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program.
Most dive professionals complete the entire IDC and go on to attend an Instructor Examination (IE), which is the final step to earn a PADI Instructor certification.
Successfully completing just the AI course results in a PADI Assistant Instructor qualification. When an AI is ready to progress, attending an OWSI program allows entry into an IE to earn a full PADI Instructor rating.
Courses Start from $1,895.00.00 (excluding PADI materials and Applications costs)
What will you learn?
You’ll be able to organise and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety.
Key topics include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counselling
2 day PADI IDC Preparation
8 Day Instructor Development Course (IDC)
PADI Instructor Examination (2 days)
MSDT Prep (5 PADI Speciality Instructor Courses)
Individuals need to be a PADI Divemaster, who has been a certified diver for six months.
You also need:
- At least 60 logged dives to start the course
- Minimum of 100 dives to attend an Instructor Exam (IE)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- 2 Day Instructor Preparation Course
- 8 Day PADI IDC programme
- Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- Business of Diving Workshop
- Duty of Care Workshop
- PADI Oxygen Provider or Enriched Air Instructor Course indlucing Instructor outlines
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Course including Instructor outlines
- All tanks & weights for the entire IDC
Course does not include:
- Payment of PADI membership/Application
- Payment of Professional Combined Liability Insurance
PADI Instructor Video:
» To watch the PADI Scuba Instructor Video click here
Booking your course
» To start your IDC with us here with us, call us on +61 07 3409 8888 or contact us for further information