GO PRO | Divemaster Course
Manta Lodge and Scuba Centre is the ultimate setting to take your diving career to a professional level with the PADI Divemaster course.
Why become a PADI Divemaster?
The PADI Divemaster level is the first professional diver level within the recreational diving industry. They say “find a job you love, and you’ll never work a day in your life!” this accurately sums up the life of a PADI Divemaster! If you love diving, meeting new people and traveling well then the PADI Divemaster course is suited perfectly to you!
As a certified PADI Divemaster you are qualified to work within the dive industry! You will be assisting instructors on courses, guiding divers around some of our world famous dive sites and generally taking care of all day to day diving operations, all while learning new skills and having loads of fun!
Courses Start from $1,495.00 (excluding PADI materials and Applications costs)
What will you learn?
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
The PADI Divemaster Course is split into three main sections:
Section One – Knowledge Development
Theory is completed through 2 different options either
Option 1 – Offline through The PADI Divemaster Manual knowledge reviews, exams and personal one to one instruction which is ordered through our reception.
Option 2 – Online through PADI E-Learning. Students can complete all theory sections online (at an extra cost on top of the course price) as well as personal one on one instruction.
Theory includes topics such as physics, physiology, equipment, decompression theory and the RDP, skills and the environment, and of course supervising divers/students!
Section Two – Water Skills
This section incorporates five sections of which include: swims, rescues, diver tows, water treads and one of the most exciting being the equipment exchange!
Section Three – Practical Skills
The practical skills section of the PADI Divemaster Course includes another five main skills including: dive site management, dive site mapping, dive briefings, search and recovery and deep diving!
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Logged a minimum of 40 dives
- Certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver (For divers below a PADI Rescue Diver Certification or without 40 logged dives, these can be accrued based upon individual ability level at an additional cost)
- Complete EFR Primary and Secondary Care within the last 24 months
- Hold a current Workplace First Aid and Oxygen Provider Certificate (of which can be obtained through the Centre at an additional cost)
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months (Can be obtained through the dive centre at an additional cost)
To book in for a diving medical examination with a doctor you must download and use the following Diver Medical Examination Form (PDF).
Click here to find a diving doctor in your area.
- All dives
- All accommodation (dorm style rooms)
- Discounts on the dive gear for sale in our shop
- International PADI Divemaster Certification upon completion of the course
- Equipment Hire is not included in the Divemaster internship (but can be arranged at an additional cost to the course)
Theory materials include:
- DSD Instructor cue cards
- Divemaster Slates
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Divemaster Manual
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI Professional Training log
- Pro Bag
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Divemaster Hologram
Course does not include:
- Payment of PADI membership/Application
- Payment of Professional Combined Liability Insurance
PADI Divemaster Video:
» To watch the PADI Divemaster Video click here
Booking your course
» To start your Divemaster adventure with us call us on +61 07 3409 8888 or contact us for further information