DIVE FESTIVALS AT MANTA LODGE & SCUBA CENTRE
Join us for a weekend away at one of our annual Dive Festivals!
Each festival has a different theme, highlighting one of the amazing creatures that call North Stradbroke Island home. Whether you’re a lover of manta rays, nudibranchs, sharks or free-diving, you’ll find a scuba diving festival that’s right up your alley!
Dive Festival dates for 2019:
- NudiFest: March 29th - 31st
- FreediveFest: May 3rd - 5th
- SharkFest: August 16th - 18th
- MantaFest: November 15th - 17th
Our Dive Festival packages include the following:
- 4 boat dives with tanks & weights (Gear hire at an additional cost)
- Free 32% Nitrox
- 2 nights accommodation in an 4-share dorm *upgrade to a private room for $99
- Welcome drinks and snacks on arrival
- Breakfast daily (Saturday & Sunday)
- BBQ lunches (Saturday & Sunday)
- Buffet dinner on Saturday night
- Guest expert speaker presentation (Saturday night)
- Return ferry transfers with Gold Cats Flyer
- Prize giveaways, socials, games, and much more!
- SSI Ecology specialty course
- Free 2019 festival t-shirt
- Access to pool and classroom workshops with SSI Instructors and guest speakers
What to expect
Friday: Catch the Gold Cats Flyer at a time of your choice. No need to book; ask to be billed to Manta Lodge’s account upon arrival and they will issue you a return ticket. Once you arrive on North Stradbroke Island, jump in the Manta Lodge shuttle (certain pick up times only) or the Stradbroke bus for the trip to Point Lookout and Manta Lodge. Join us for sunset drink/snacks as we welcome you to your weekend of diving!
Saturday: Breakfast from 6am with the first double dives departing at 6:45 am and the afternoon dives departing at 11:45 am (depending on conditions/availability). Buffet dinner and guest speaker presentation commence from 6 pm. Attend your choice of pool/classroom workshops with experts and SSI instructors.
Sunday: Breakfast from 6am. Second double dives departing at either 6:45 am or 11:45 am (depending on conditions/availability). Return to the lodge. Attend your choice of pool/classroom workshops with experts and SSI instructors. At the end of the weekend Manta Lodge staff will drop you back to the ferry for your return trip to Cleveland.
Please note: You can add extra nights of accommodation, and add non-divers to the booking. Please contact reception to discuss availability, making changes, or if you have a preference for morning or afternoon boats.
Unfortunately we are unable to take bookings for individual dive trips over festival weekends