UPDATE YOUR SKILLS WITH A SCUBA DIVING REFRESHER COURSE AT MANTA LODGE & SCUBA CENTRE, BRISBANE
Been a while between dives? Need to update your scuba diving skills? Our Scuba Diver Refresher Course is for you!
- Half-day course
- All transport is provided to and from the pool, and pick-ups can be organised
- Refresher is conducted in a heated pool, allowing you to get comfortable and familiar with your equipment before going into the ocean
- Scuba equipment supplied (for pool training only)
- Warm towels and hot showers available at our dive centre
Why do the Scuba Skills Update Course with us?
The Scuba Skills Update Course is a short half-day course designed to refresh your existing Open Water Diver skills and to teach you any new/updated policies, procedures, or skills that have been included in the SSI Standards of Diving since your training. This course is perfect for you if:
- You’ve been out of the water for over 12 months
- You completed an Open Water Diver course overseas and didn’t get enough in-water experience
- You can’t remember all the required skills for diving in open water
Refresh your in-water skills and breathe new life into your scuba diving certification with the Scuba Skills Update/Refresher Course today!
Please note: If it has been longer than 12 months between dives, we require all divers to complete a pool refresher before going into open water, regardless of experience level or number of logged dives.
What to Expect
Meet at our store at 7 am for paperwork, to revise the theory, and get sized up for equipment. Depart for the pool at 7:45 am on our bus and arrive at the pool at 8 am to commence your refresher training.
During the refresher course, we will run through equipment set up and handling, dive skills, buoyancy, out of air scenarios, ascents, descents, diver self-help skills, and underwater and surface communication.
If you are joining us for a double dive in the ocean later, there will be a break after the pool session to allow you time to prepare before heading out on our afternoon boat for two dives with our dive guides at our local sites. Snacks and drinks will be provided during our surface interval on the boat.
- You must be certified as an SSI Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- You must be medically fit for diving.
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form before this course. If any questions on the medical declaration are answered "Yes", you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor before participating in this course. Please contact reception if this applies to you or if you have any questions