SCHOOL & COLLEGE GROUPS – OUTDOOR EDUCATION CAMPS, NORTH STRADBROKE ISLAND
North Stradbroke Island offers students and teachers unique adventure and outdoor education camps and experiences, right on Brisbane’s doorstep. We have miles of unspoilt beaches, native bushlands, rugged headlands, and a spectacular underwater world waiting to be explored!
At Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre, we can tailor accommodation and adventure packages to suit your group’s needs. Located right on the beach at Point Lookout, Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre provides clean and comfortable accommodation for up to 56 guests.
Our female, male and mixed share dorms range between four (4) and eight (8) beds per room. Private and family rooms are also available – perfect for teachers and camp leaders who need a good night’s sleep!
Why stay with us?
- Freshly-laundered bed linen and blankets provided
- Air conditioned dorm and private rooms
- Shared bathroom facilities located on each floor
- Chill out lounge area with large 65-inch flat screen TV (perfect for lessons, presentations or movies)
- Dining and common meal areas
- Fully-equipped commercial kitchen on site
- Outdoor BBQs and dining area
- Free WiFi
- Free pool table and ping-pong table
- Catering options available
- Onsite Night Manager
- Safe and secure location
- Friendly, professional staff
At Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre, we know that the best learning experiences are the ones that happen outside of the classroom!
That’s why we’re here to work with you to design an engaging, exciting, fun-filled outdoor education camp experience that your students will never forget. We can also help develop an educational program that meets the Australian Curriculum Outcomes for subject areas, as set out by ACARA, so you can be sure that your program ticks all the right boxes.
Whether it’s for a Biology, Outdoor Education, Physical Education or Leadership Camp, we can customise a package for your group to make the most of North Stradbroke Island and the adjoining Moreton Bay Marine Park.
Your Straddie adventure will be as action-packed as you choose, with activities including:
- Scuba Diving
- 4-Wheel-Drive Tours
- Aboriginal Cultural Tours
- Sea Kayaking
- Sand Boarding
- Barefoot Bowls
- Surfing, Boadyboarding & Longboarding
- Learn to Surf Lessons
- Nature Walks/Hikes
- Beach Volleyball
- Sand Sculpture Competitions
- Door-to-Door Bus Transport (where possible)