BECOME A TECHNICAL DIVER WITH MANTA LODGE & SCUBA CENTRE
Interested in taking your diving to the next level? Want to explore a little deeper, further, or longer? Do you want to learn the skills required to safely complete a dive in the event of mandatory decompression stops? Then the SSI Extended Range Programs are for you.
Technical diving is the most challenging and most rewarding discipline of scuba diving. Whether you want the ability to dive deeper for longer or simply to increase your safety by raising your skill level, the range of SSI XR courses will challenge you both mentally and physically, while keeping you excited and passionate about diving.
- Learn and understand the principles, procedures, and theories relating to decompression diving
- Adapt your current Total Diving System and learn about the concepts behind an Extended Range Total Diving System
- Master new skills and improve your existing skills to reach the level required for safe technical diving
- Learn advanced buoyancy, propulsion techniques, decompression management and equipment techniques specifically related to technical diving
Why do an SSI Technical diving course?
Perfect for those who want to start or continue their technical diver education, these courses are designed to give divers the training and experience to conduct stage decompression dives, use multiple gases (including trimix) and/or conduct dives in overhead environments. Please note, SSI technical programs are designed to be physically and mentally demanding in their content, conduct and method.
Manta Lodge is equipped for all levels of Technical Diving with sites ranging from 20-60m plus along with:
- Large range of twin tanks, stage tanks and rebreather bottles
- Training available up to technical instructor level
- Oxygen fills available on site
- Helium available on request
- CCR Sorb available on request
- Private charter and support divers available
- Mares Horizon SCR training centre and dealer
- Large range of Halcyon, Mares XR, Shearwater and Santi technical products
Call us today to arrange a personalised training package and achieve your underwater goals!
Prerequisites - See below for individual course requirements
- You must be certified as an SSI Deep Diver or equivalent
- You must be certified as an SSI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Have logged at least 24 open water dives
- Be a minimum of 18 years old
- Pass an Extended Range Water Fitness Test
- You must be medically fit for diving
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form before this course. If any questions on the medical declaration are answered "Yes", you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor before participating in this course. Please contact reception if you have any questions about this.
- Attend a pre-course verification dive with an SSI XR Instructor at Manta Lodge
- Manta Lodge reserves the right to request a doctors medical prior to training