BECOME A TECHNICAL DIVER WITH MANTA LODGE & SCUBA CENTRE
Interested in taking your diving to the next level? Want to explore a little deeper, further, or longer? Do you want to learn the skills required to safely complete a dive in the event of mandatory decompression stops? Then the SSI Extended Range Program is for you.
Technical diving is the most challenging and most rewarding discipline of scuba diving. Whether you want the ability to dive deeper for longer or simply to increase your safety by raising your skill level, the range of SSI XR courses will challenge you both mentally and physically, while keeping you excited and passionate about diving.
- Learn and understand the principles, procedures, and theories relating to decompression diving
- Adapt your current Total Diving System and learn about the concepts behind an Extended Range Total Diving System
- Master new skills and improve your existing skills to reach the level required for safe technical diving
- Learn advanced buoyancy, propulsion techniques, decompression management and equipment techniques specifically related to technical diving
Why do the Advanced Nitrox Diver Course?
Perfect for those who want to start their technical diver education, this course is for you if you want to learn how to plan and conduct dives to a maximum of 40 metres, using Nitrox mixes up to 50%.
Please note, the Advanced Nitrox Diver Course is designed to be physically and mentally demanding in its content, conduct and method.
What to Expect
The Advanced Nitrox (“XR Nitrox”) program provides the knowledge and experience required to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 40 meters, using nitrox mixtures up to 50%. This entry-level program introduces you to extended range training techniques and skills and can be completed wearing a standard single-cylinder equipment configuration or in a full twin-tank extended range system.
This course bridges the gap between the recreational Deep Diver Program and other basic technical courses and will introduce you to the skills and techniques required for higher level technical programs.
Upon qualification, you’ll be able to plan and conduct dives with a maximum of 15 minutes decompression.
- You must be certified as an SSI Deep Diver or equivalent
- You must be certified as an SSI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Have logged at least 24 open water dives
- Be a minimum of 18 years old
- Pass an Extended Range Water Fitness Test
- You must be medically fit for diving
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form before this course. If any questions on the medical declaration are answered "Yes", you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor before participating in this course. Please contact reception if you have any questions about this.