LEARN TO SCUBA DIVE WITH MANTA LODGE & SCUBA CENTRE, BRISBANE!
Scuba diving allows us to explore the underwater world and experience the beauty of our planet in a whole new way. The chance to meet some of our earth’s largest, smallest, weirdest and cutest creatures awaits you. Learn to scuba dive Brisbane and start your underwater adventure today!
- Designed for beginners, no experience required
- Internationally recognised certification
- Become qualified to dive to 18 metres, anywhere in the world
- Small class sizes
- Online learning provided so you can study at your own pace and maximise your time with your instructor
- All required scuba diving equipment supplied
- All confined water training is in a heated pool.
- Warm towels and hot showers available at our dive centre.
- We are the only dive school in Brisbane to offer our students premium Halcyon buoyancy systems for training
Why Learn to Scuba Dive with us?
Did you know that over 70% of the world is water? That is a lot of ocean for a certified diver to explore! There is so much to see: coral reefs, mangroves, open oceans, rivers, lakes… the list goes on! Our Open Water Diver Course is for you if you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, have a keen sense of adventure, have been looking to get your scuba diving ticket, and you’re ready for the experience of a lifetime! Learn to scuba dive Brisbane and get your scuba diving certification with the Open Water Diver Course today.
What to Expect
There are three key components to learning to scuba dive during your Open Water Diver training:
2. Confined water training in the pool
3. Open water training dives in the ocean.
After you have completed and mastered each of these components, you will become certified as an Open Water Diver and can dive to 18 metres with a buddy, anywhere in the world!
Before You Start – Academics
The academics consists of online learning and a multiple-choice exam. You will be registered with our training agency once we receive payment and your login details will be sent to the email address you have provided. As the theory is online you can learn at your own pace and is designed to be understood by everyone; young, old and in between. If you have any questions, please call us, and we can help. Please note, the multiple-choice exam will be given to you on Day 1 of your course before going to the pool.
Day 1 – Confined Water Training
Your confined training will take place in the pool. We have dive buses that will transport students and equipment to and from the pool. The time on the bus is another great opportunity to discuss diving with your instructor and to get to know your new dive buddies. Once at the pool, you will complete a watermanship test (200-metre swim in any style and a 10-minute float), learn how to set up your equipment, and all the skills required to become a safe and confident Open Water Diver.
Days 2 & 3 – Open Water Training
The open water training component is conducted in the ocean. This is your opportunity to gain real-world diving experience and apply your newly-mastered dive skills over four easy dives at our local dive sites (while looking for turtles and other beautiful marine life!) You will do two dives on each day, and after the completion of this component, you will be certified as an Open Water Diver!
- You must be 10 years old. For anyone under the age of 18, we need consent from a parent or guardian.
- You must be able to swim 200m without stopping. There is no time limit, and you can swim in any stroke or style you want.
- You must be able to float or tread water for 10 minutes without stopping or holding on to anything.
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form before this course. If any questions on the medical declaration are answered “Yes”, you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor before participating in this course.
- If you are over the age of 45 or have a body mass index (BMI) of more than 30, and a waist circumference of more than 102cm for males or 88cm for females, you must get a medical from a doctor to confirm you are fit for diving. Please contact reception if this applies to you or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is in keeping with the Queensland Code of Practice.