BECOME A RESCUE DIVER WITH MANTA LODGE & SCUBA CENTRE
Knowing how to react to unexpected situations is key to being a safe and confident diver. Becoming a rescue diver is the first step towards taking your safety skills to the next level.
The SSI Stress & Rescue Diver Course is designed to equip you with the ability to prevent emergencies and deal with stressful situations underwater. Combining confined water, shore dives, and boat dives, you'll receive specialised training in both stress management and in-water rescue techniques.
This program runs over two (2) days and includes confined water sessions and three (3) open water dives.
- Online training materials provided
- The course includes three (3) dives: one shore dive and two boat dives
- Snacks and drinks provided during the surface interval on the boat
- Warm towels and hot showers available at our dive centre
Why complete the Stress & Rescue Diver Course?
The Rescue Diver Course is perfect for those who want to be the safest and most prepared diver they can be when it comes to preventing and responding to diving emergencies. This course is also a prerequisite for divers wishing to complete the professional Dive Master Course.
Please note, the Stress & Rescue Diver Course is designed to be physically and mentally demanding in its content, conduct and method, and requires students to be put in realistic emergency scenarios and situations.
What to Expect
Day 1: Meet at our store at 7 am to complete paperwork and the theory component, followed by an afternoon of confined water training in the heated pool, practising rescues techniques and procedures.
Day 2: Meet at the dive shop at 7 am before travelling to one of our local sites to complete a shore dive, followed by two (2) afternoon boat dives to put all your new rescue skills into practice in a real-world setting.
- You must be certified as an SSI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- You must hold current First Aid, CPR, and Oxygen Provider certifications from a recognised authority. These courses can be conducted onsite at Manta Lodge (at an additional cost)
- Be a minimum of 18 years old (15 years with parental consent)
- You must be medically fit for diving
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form before this course. If any questions on the medical declaration are answered "Yes", you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor before participating in this course. Please contact reception if you have any questions about this