• Confined water pool training
• Four boat dives on either of our two vessels (most dive centres do not include four boat dives)
• Full equipment hire
• International SSI Open Water Certification
• SSI online theory
Previous swimming experience is necessary if you are interested in commencing a scuba diving course. During the course you will have to be able to:
• Swim 200m unassisted or snorkel 300m
• Stay afloat for 10 minutes
• Minimum age 12 years (12-14 year olds receive a Junior Open Water Certification)
• Be medically fit to scuba dive
Scuba diving is an exciting and demanding activity. The purpose of the following questions is to find out if you need to be examined by a doctor before you participate in recreational scuba diving. A positive response to a question does not necessarily disqualify you from diving.
If you answer YES to the following questions it is MANDATORY to undertake a diving medical examination prior to commencing your scuba diving course. Please download and answer the student medical declaration dive medical leaflet.
If you have answered YES to any of the questions in the PDF, the next course of action is to book in for a diving medical examination with a diving doctor using the following diver medical form.