TRY SCUBA DIVING WITH MANTA LODGE & SCUBA CENTRE, BRISBANE
This is your opportunity to discover the exciting world of colourful fish and corals, turtles, manta rays and meet the many other kinds of marine life that we have here on beautiful North Stradbroke Island.
- No experience is required, making the course ideal for beginners
- Small group sizes with our experienced instructors
- Pool training AND two ocean dives included
- All equipment supplied
- Snacks and water provided in between dives on our boat
- Warm towels and hot showers available at our centre
- Upgrade to an SSI Scuba Diver Certification for only $99!
Why Try Scuba Diving?
The Discover Scuba Diving Experience is the course for you if you are curious about learning to scuba dive but are unsure if it's the right sport for you, if you're nervous about diving, or if you want to try diving before committing to an Open Water Diver Course. This course is also perfect for those looking to gift the experience of a lifetime to the adventure-lovers in their lives!
What to Expect
The SSI Try Scuba Diving Experience takes a full day. We meet at our dive centre at 7 am to begin the experience. Pick-ups from the ferry can be arranged prior to the day.
Your day will begin with a customised fitting for full scuba equipment and review of your paperwork. We then take you to the pool to practice the necessary skills and get you comfortable breathing underwater, swimming around in scuba equipment, communicating underwater with basic hand signals, and of course, teach you the simple safety rules to ensure you have an enjoyable and safe scuba diving experience. Once you are comfortable in the pool, we will return to the dive centre, and participants will have the opportunity to have something to eat. We recommend bringing your lunch as it is not provided; otherwise, there is a takeaway store next door.
After our lunch break, we gather for a boat safety and dive briefing. Here your instructor will explain to you what is going to happen, which dive site you will visit, and what you may see. Your instructor will remind you of hand signals, safety rules, and will be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have before heading out.
Following a 15-30 minute boat ride, you will arrive at the dive site and your instructor will assist you with your equipment and entry into the water. You will then complete two ocean dives from our boat. Your instructor will remain close to you for the entire duration of the Try Scuba experience so you can easily communicate with them. The dives are generally between 30-45 minutes each, depending on conditions, air consumption, and your personal level of comfort. You will dive to an absolute maximum of 12 metres.
- You must be 12 years old. For anyone under the age of 18, we need consent from a parent or guardian.
- You must be able to swim, but you do not need to be a strong swimmer.
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form before this course. If any questions on the medical declaration are answered "Yes", you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor before participating in this course.
- If you are over the age of 45 or have a body mass index (BMI) of more than 30, and a waist circumference of more than 102cm for males or 88cm for females, you must get a medical from a doctor. Please contact reception if this applies to you or if you have any questions.