Discover Another World | Try Scuba Diving
Ready to try something adventurous? Try Scuba Diving! This is your opportunity to discover the exciting world of colourful fish and corals, turtles, manta rays and many other kinds of marine life that we have here on beautiful North Stradbroke Island.
- No experience is required, making the course ideal for beginners.
- Small group sizes with our experienced instructors.
- Pool training AND two ocean dives included!
- All equipment is supplied.
- Snacks and water provided on our boat.
- Towels and hot showers are available at our centre.
What to Expect
The Try Scuba Diving Experience takes a full day. We meet at our dive centre at 7am to begin the experience. Pick-ups from the ferry can be arranged prior to the day. We begin by taking the time to fit you out with proper scuba equipment and go over paperwork initially. We then take you to the pool to practice basic skills and get you comfortable breathing underwater, swimming around in scuba equipment, communicating underwater with basic hand signals and of course, teach you the simple safety rules to ensure you have an enjoyable and safe scuba diving experience.
After you are comfortable in the pool we will return to the dive centre and participants will have the opportunity to have something to eat. We recommend bringing your own lunch as it is not provided, otherwise there is a take away store next door. After a lunch break we gather for a boat safety and dive briefing. Here your instructor will explain to you what is going to happen, where you will go and what you may see. Your instructor will remind you of hand signals, safety rules and will be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have before heading out to the dive site.
After a short 15-30 minute boat ride, you will arrive at the dive site and your instructor will assist you with you equipment and entering the water. Here you will have the opportunity to complete two ocean dives from our boat. The instructor will remain close to you for the entire duration of the experience so you can easily communicate with them. The dives are generally between 30-45 minutes each depending on conditions, air consumption and your personal level of comfort. You will dive to an absolute maximum of 12 metres.
- You must be 12 years old. For anyone under the age of 18 we need consent from a parent of gardian.
- You must be able to swim but you do not need to be a strong swimmer.
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form prior to this course. If any of the questions are flagged as "Yes" you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor prior to participating.